Frequently asked questions
Understanding the plan and product
|Issue Ages||10 - Year||15 - Year||20 - Year||25 - Year|
|Issue Ages||30 - Year||35 - Year||40 - Year|
The application process
Before you begin your application, you’ll first request a quote either online or on the phone. Your initial quote is tentative and your final premium may change based on your overall health.
- Complete online quote or call us at 1-800-523-0719
- Next start your online application or contact us at 1-800-523-0719
- Complete a health assessment
Here’s how we handle this process:
After the application is received, an underwriter reviews your health assessment. Additional requirements may be necessary. Sometimes, based on family medical history or detailed review of the situation, an individual’s rate class may change. In this case, if it affects the premium, we notify you and discuss the various options available. If there are budget constraints, lowering the term length or the coverage amount may help bring costs in line with budgets. In any case, we will keep you informed of any changes along the way.
During the application process, you will be asked some routine questions (name, address, employer, income, etc.) along with questions about your medical history. Please note, you are always welcome to complete any portion or all of this application or questionnaire via phone if you prefer. In either case, it will be helpful to have the following information available:
- Personal Information
- Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
- Other existing or pending life insurance policies, including company names, coverage amounts, and policy numbers, if available.
- Type of visa, visa number, and expiration date if you are not a U.S. citizen.
- Payment information for initial or recurring premium payment(s) (checking, savings, or credit card account information), if applicable.
- Medical Information
- Name, address, and phone number of your doctor(s) and hospital(s).
- Current treatment you receive by any doctor or hospital; including surgeries, medications, dosages, and reasons.
- Additional tests you have been advised to take and elective exam(s) or procedure(s) that have been scheduled.
Agent/Producer Compensation Disclosure: Agents/Producers receive compensation from an insurer or third party, which may differ depending upon the product or insurer. Additional compensation may be received by the Agent/Producer based on other factors including premium volume placed with the company and loss or claim experience.
Crump Life Insurance Services, Inc. a licensed insurance agency, is licensed to sell Protective Life products and may receive compensation from Protective. Crump Life Insurance Services, Inc. and its affiliates do not guarantee the services of any insurance Company. Protective Life and Crump Life Insurance Services, Inc. are separate independent entities and are not responsible for the financial condition, business, or legal obligations of the other. The California license number for PLICO is 07726.
Truist Life Insurance Services, a division of Crump Life Insurance Services, Inc., AR license #100103477, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc. Truist Insurance Holdings, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Branch Banking and Trust Company.
© 2020, Truist Financial Corporation. Truist, BB&T and the BB&T logo are service marks of Truist Financial Corporation. Member FDIC.
Protective is a registered trademark and Classic Choice is a trademark of Protective Life Insurance Company.
Insurance products are:
NOT FDIC INSURED • NOT BANK GUARANTEED • NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY