A COVID-19 Update from Protective’s CEO
As all of us navigate the unprecedented situation posed by COVID-19, Protective remains committed to supporting our customers, our employees and the communities we serve. We are proactively taking steps to ensure you continue to receive the service and support you need.
With a solid financial foundation and a demonstrated ability to handle challenges over our 113-year history, Protective is well-positioned to continue delivering on our promises. Today, our business continues as normal, and we are ready to serve.
To help support overall wellbeing and slow the spread of the virus, many of our employees are now working from home, and we have provided additional tools and technology to support their transition. In addition to our normal paid time off benefits, we have also implemented a new COVID-19 Paid Leave Policy to provide financial stability to our colleagues during this period of uncertainty. Additionally, the Protective Life Foundation has begun to partner with local nonprofits and other business leaders to understand where we can best be of service to the broader community.
As we continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation, I urge everyone – our customers, employees and the entire Protective family – to please continue taking steps to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy.
Richard J. Bielen
President and CEO
Protective is here to help our customers who are impacted by COVID-19. We will extend the grace period for premium due dates for customers who have been impacted by COVID-19. To receive an extension, you must call us at 800-866-9933. Please be aware that some states have issued specific guidelines about grace period extensions, and in those states, we will follow their guidelines.
Please note that we are not able to suspend the systematic mailing of notices that a policy may lapse or may have lapsed. Therefore, even customers who are approved for grace period extensions may continue to receive lapse notices.
If you would like to discuss billing or make alternative payment arrangements, or if you have any questions about the above information, please contact us at 1-800-866-9933.
For additional information for New York policyholders, click
For additional information for Connecticut policyholders, click here.
For additional information for New Jersey policy holders, click here.
Protective encourages all of our customers and business partners to take advantage of our suite of digital capabilities and self-service tools, including online customer service, claim filing, payment, account management, and Velocity for new business.
- Get help or manage your account
- File a claim or check claim status
- Contract holders for one of our Asset Protection programs
For financial professionals:
- Register or log in to manage your business.
- Agents and Dealers working with Asset Protection, can continue to use our online portals.
- As more information becomes available, we will continue to update this site. In the meantime, you can connect with us via Facebook, Twitter or phone.
- Distribution partners may contact us through myprotective.com.
Business continuity is a priority, and we maintain plans for all functions and sites. In addition, our response team continues to meet regularly to consider developments and implement key actions as needed.
To date, Protective has:
- Expanded remote work capabilities
- Implemented social distancing practices
- Enhanced sanitization in our offices
- Established a special COVID-19 Paid Leave Benefit
- Suspended domestic and international travel
- Developed guidelines for those returning from international travel
- Prohibited visitors at our office locations
Serving our customers and business partners while protecting the safety and wellbeing of our employees remains our top priority.