Helping you through the claims process
The claims process
Ready to start a claim?
Life insurance claims frequently asked questions
- Notify us of the death of the insured/annuitant via this website or the phone.
- We will then verify the beneficiaries.
- We’ll reach out to beneficiaries and ask them to complete a claim packet and provide any necessary documents.
- Once all documents and forms are returned, we’ll review the claim.
- After review, we’ll either process the claim or contact the beneficiary for any additional information needed.
*Neither Protective life nor its representatives offer legal, investment or tax advice. We encourage you to consult with your financial adviser and legal or tax adviser regarding your individual situations before making investment, social security, retirement planning, and tax-related decisions.